BOY! Elijah Paul will be his name. We're so excited about this little guy it's just ridiculous! It was the most amazing thing to see him on the TV screen during the ultrasound. He was wiggling around, opening his mouth, moving his fingers and toes...it's like he knew we were watching. As soon as I saw him on the screen I just felt the most amazing feeling of love and joy sweep over me. How is it possible to love someone that you've never met so much? It just baffles me. I looked over at Jon and he had the biggest grin on his face too. We were both in awe of this little guy. The tech was pointing everything out to us so we knew what we were looking at. Most of the time the picture was so clear that it wasn't necessary for her to do so, but there were times that we weren't sure. We got to see all of his fingers and toes, his ears, eyes, nose, mouth, belly, all of it. Then came the money shot. She explained the view as if he was sitting on glass and we were looking up underneath him. You could clearly see each of his legs, the cord, and something else that the tech described as "a turtle." She said, "Do you see that thing that looks like a turtle?" We replied, "Yes." "Well, it looks like you're having a boy!" she said. We looked at each other and smiled. Jon already had the text message ready, he just had to hit send so our news would spread. The more the tech showed us the more filled with emotion I became. Before too long I was wiping tears from under my eyes. I've never been so happy and so in love in my life, and I just can't wait to hold him in my arms.
Following my ultrasound was my regular appointment with my doctor. He had seen the ultrasound photos and told us that he's developing beautifully and that all of his anatomy looks just perfect. He's measuring exactly to the day what he should have been based on my due date, which is February 15. He weighs 13 ounces! He's getting so big! He's carrying in my back, which I suspected since I'm so small for being nearly 21 weeks. That also explains the sudden severe sciatic pain that I've had. Silly boy!
After leaving the doctor we had to go buy our fist things for Eli that weren't gender neutral. It was so much fun picking out clothes for him. We each chose an outfit. Here they are:


Jon picked the first outfit and I chose the second. He's going to be so cute in both of them! Now comes the fun part too...planning his nursery! I'm starting to browse crib bedding and other items that we'll be needing for him. It's so much fun to plan for his arrival and he'll be here before we know it!
1 comment:
yay yay!! I almost teared up reading this post :-)
Oh I didn't even realize...you might have a valentines baby ;)
Post a Comment