Well it's looking as though I'm going to be stuck on night shift for a little while longer. I told my boss yesterday that I don't know how much longer I can tough it out (it's been four months since I asked to go back to evenings, or even days!). I feel my worst at night and having to work 12-hour night shifts messes with my body so much. Most of the time that I feel nauseated or get headaches I happen to be at work. It's all because of the wacky schedule. While we were on vacation I felt great, and I fully attribute that to having been on a normal schedule. My boss did say though that she's hoping to hire two more night nurses, both are in the interview process now, and as soon as one of them is off orientation I can switch. I'm really hoping and praying that by my birthday at the latest I am back to my old schedule. I will be going to evenings at first, which I'm fine with. I don't mind them too much but have very much expressed my interest in days, to which I was told that I will only be on evenings until there is an opening on days.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up that I will switch so soon, since I've been told these things before and nothing has panned out. It's hard though, especially since I really think that if I was on evenings I wouldn't really be dealing with the nausea anymore and my appetite might be a little better. I'm next in line to switch, so hopefully at least one of these nurses works out and I can move on, and hopefully feel better!
1 comment:
That must be hard! I hope you're able to work it all out and get on days!
Post a Comment