Last night we went to the annual Freedom Festival that Greenwood has every year at Craig Park. I didn't take pictures of anything since my camera is fail. The social aspect of this event is the main reason we go. Since our church has a food booth there are several families from our church that attend and everyone sits together. We all sit around and chat and just have a good time for the hours leading up to the fireworks. Eli got to go play on the playground and jump in the bouncy house, both of which he thoroughly enjoyed. His cousins were there too so they kept one another entertained. :)
The fireworks themselves, well, I didn't watch them. Eli had his arms wrapped around me so tightly. He didn't act scared but I think he was unsure of the loud noises. He watched them in awe as he clung to me. About ten minutes in we packed up and started the walk back to the car (about 20 minutes) so we could beat the rush of people pouring out. The kids were toast and Eli was passed out in his stroller within minutes of walking away.
All in all it was a fun evening but boy was it HOT!
1 comment:
sounds fun! I'm sorry we missed it!!
Post a Comment