Thursday, September 4, 2008

16 weeks and counting...

Yesterday morning I had my 16 week appointment at the OB's office. It was short and sweet, nothing much to report. Peanut's heartbeat was 143 bpm, which was a big change from 167 at my 12 week appointment. Doc was still very pleased and said it sounded good and strong. I've finally started gaining weight so that's also a good thing. If I remember correctly I am up 4 pounds from my eight week appointment, and up six pounds from my 12 week appointment. All the nausea and lack of appetite cause me to lose weight earlier on, but I've gained it back and then some so that's good news.

The best part of the appointment was scheduling my 20 week appointment, which immediately follows the big ultrasound! I can't wait to find out what this little munchkin is. I have no hunch one way or the other and I'm just dying to find out. I have no preference either way but it will help me have a sense of identity with this baby. Plus, maybe once we know what it is we can narrow down our list of names and get serious about choosing one. Not to mention planning the nursery...oh boy I cannot wait to get the nursery ready!

No comments: