Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Holiday fun

What a weekend! We had so much fun but boy were we exhausted by Monday night. The festivities started Saturday when we joined Jon's family and several others from our church downtown at Sky Concert. The fireworks were nothing special...we more or less just went to visit with friends and family. We made a point to park far away so that we'd have to walk the canal back to the car. We just munched while we were there so at ten o'clock as we were leaving we decided to go to Cheeseburger in Paradise. Yum! Jon got a Long Island...punk. I had to stick with the NA version. :( Oh well. We sat outside and listened to the live music (the band was awesome!) as we ate dinner. We finally headed home a little before midnight and were wiped out.

Sunday we headed to church as usual. Afterwards we had plans to go hiking at Brown County State Park, so we made a quick trip to the grocery store to stock up on snack and fluids. We filled our cooler with ice and loaded it up with our purchases and were on our way. It was a gorgeous day out again, there was just no breeze deep into the woods so it got a little warm back there. Jon made his typical monkey sounds that made us laugh and the kids around us search for the source of the loud sound they just heard. Yes...I'm married to a child. :) We met some friends down at the park and they joined us on the trails. We spend a lot of time with Karen and Eben. I've been friends with Karen since we were in sixth grade. She and her husband started dating at the same time Jon and I did back in 2000. They've just celebrated their 4th wedding anniversary! Here they are:

Karen is a dork, and Eben is probably laughing at Jon for doing something silly.

Here we are:










We had such a good time at the park, but after a few trails I was beat, so we packed our things up and headed out.

Karen and I headed into Nashville to visit a clothing store that she had told me about. She said they sold baby clothes...let's go! The boys headed back to their house on Cordry while we went to spend some money on the baby. They had SO many cute things but they were SO expensive. I wished I had been able to know what we're having so I could've gotten what I really wanted, but I decided to go for this reversible hat:


Here is the inside:











I think it is so adorable!!!


We made it back to the lake house where the boys were and we all got on the boat and made for a few laps around the lake. It was pretty enjoyable in spite of the water being so choppy. There were a lot of boats out. Nobody tubed but Jon went swimming. We then grilled some burgers and shortly after dinner we all headed home.

I couldn't bear the though of squeezing anything else into the day since I was so incredibly exhausted. So of course, just as we're about to drive past the Prince's Lakes area, Jon says, "Hey, do you want to stop by Aunt Jenny's? I think Grandma and Grandpa are still there." To be honest, I really didn't want to stop...I was just too tired. But I hadn't yet seen their house and thought it'd be fun to pop in. So we did. We visited there for about 45 minutes before we headed home. Once we got home and got showered, we both just passed out.

Monday was much more relaxed. Jon had to work a lunch shift at Olive Garden, so I headed to my Grandma's birthday party with Mom. We had a nice time visiting with family. We were there for about two hours before we headed out. Shortly after getting back home, Jon's grandparents stopped by to see our apartment. They'd been wanting to see it for awhile (we've been here for a year) but it just was never really in the cards. So they finally made it by and probably visited with us for an hour or so. It was really nice to have them over.

To finish the holiday weekend, we had my parents and brother over for frozen pizzas. It was nothing special but it was nice to have them here. We ate and watched TV. It was a nice quiet evening at home.

We had an awesome holiday weekend. It went entirely too quickly but it sure was fun. Exhausting to say the least. Now it's just back to work for us.

No comments: