Monday, January 24, 2011

Settings

I adjusted my settings a little more tonight and starting shooting. These are all taken in manual. They're all clearly blurry but I'm hoping I'm on the right track. It was pretty dark out so I used the speedlight. It was pointed straight backwards and at a 90 degree angle with the diffuser on.
My other settings were:

ISO: 1600 (is this too high?)
aperture: f/4.5
shutter speed: 1/160



1 comment:

Kathy said...

nice! ISO1600 is not too high in this case - you needed it to keep your shutter speed up (1/160 sec is good!) since your aperture was already as low as it can go.

This picture is likely blurry because your focus point options. I think yours is set on auto detect - choosing individual manual focus points is much better. Also, find out if you have an option for the focus to track an object as it moves. Otherwise, if Eli or the cat moves (always) after the focus is detected, it'll be blurry.